Let us note that we have three simulators:
- NR module, which is released as a standalone ‘nr’ module compatible with mainline ns-3
- NR V2X extension, which is released as a branch of ‘nr’ with a patched ns-3
- NR-U extension, for which both the ‘nr’ and ‘nr-u’ modules are needed, and which is compatible with mainline ns-3
Getting the NR and NR V2X software
The NR models are openly available here: https://gitlab.com/cttc-lena/nr, from which you can download the 5G-LENA module source code. Then, you will be able to use it under the terms of the GPLv2 license.
The instructions to download the NR module are available here: https://cttc-lena.gitlab.io/nr/html/getting-started.html Also, in this video we show how to properly install the software step by step: https://www.youtube.com/embed/3tDyylZsPy4
The implementation of NR V2X is divided between a customized ns-3 LTE (RLC and above) and 5G-LENA NR (MAC and PHY) modules.
Therefore, it is very important to follow the instruction under “Building NR V2X code” section in the README.md to download and configure the code.
The NR-U models are openly available here: https://gitlab.com/cttc-lena/nr-u. Please note that, to use them, you need the access to the NR module, obtained as explained before. Please, follow the instruction on the README.md to download and configure the code.
The instructions to download the NR-U file can be found in its README.md file here: https://gitlab.com/cttc-lena/nr-u/-/blob/master/README.md.
Doxygen documentation for the NR-U module can be found here: https://cttc-lena.gitlab.io/nr-u/.
We welcome contributors!
As you may know, to fund, design, develop and then maintain an open source software for a novel communication technology is a challenging and time expensive task. For this, we would like to foster collaboration with you:
- If you identify a bug, please let us know through the Gitlab issue page;
- If you have a development plan that you can share, please get in touch with us. We may be able to provide useful suggestion with your design and then maybe your contribution can be more integrated more efficiently and be useful to let the project grow;
- If you plan to share your code, as the GPLv2 permits, please help us to integrate it so that the work you have done does not become outdated and then impossible to merge;
- The more we are, the better we can do!